MY FAVORITESPlease You Must Login First Login
THE POSITION: HIGH-END FASHION DESIGNER, WOMEN’S
The position of High-End Fashion Designer, Women’sinvolves highly complex and technical duties and, as such, the position entails the minimum requirement of a Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design or a related field, or the equivalent.
High-End Fashion Designer is responsible for all different stages of the fashion design process, such as designing, developing, researching, budgeting and estimating, and coordinating with buyers. The High-End Designer, Women’s will be working on ready-to-wear collections that we produce in relatively small numbers. S/he will also work on exclusive one-off creations that can cost high amounts, which takes a high level of skill and large amounts of time.
In other words, the employee will be responsible for managing the design and development of the bag andaccessory lines from the beginning stage of understanding clients’ needs to the final stage of ensuring the final productpurchased met the clients’ requirements.
The High-End Fashion Designer, Women’s must have the ability to work independently and have oral and written communication skills suitable for business and clients.
Position duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
• Discuss design ideas with executives or with clients;
• Analyze information and evaluating results to choose the best steps to take for new designs and projects;
• Conduct market research on fashion and industry trends to keep up to date with emerging fashion trends as well as general trends and consumer preferences relating to fabrics, colors and shapes;
• Create/visualize an idea and produce a design by hand or using computer-aided design (CAD);
• Plan and develop ranges;
• Identify information by categorizing, estimating, identifying differences or similarities, and detecting changes in specific circumstances or fashion in general, in distinguishing colors, identifying color or balance, and understanding artistic crafts production methods,
• Work with others in the design team, such as buyers and forecasters, to develop products to meet a brief;
• Estimate and determine time, costs, resources, and/or materials needed to perform a work activity. Monitor and control resources and oversee the budget for projects given;
• Liaise closely with sales, buying and production teams on an ongoing basis to ensure the item suits the customer, market and price points;
• Understand design from a technical perspective, i.e. producing patterns, toiles and technical specifications for designs;
• Source, select, and buy fabrics, trims, fastenings and embellishments;
• Develop a pattern that is cut and sewn into samplegarments and supervise the making up of these, including fitting, detailing and adaptations;
• Oversee production;
• Negotiate with customers and suppliers;
• Assist the Company Executives in managing marketing, finances and other business activities.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
If you are interested, please send your resume, and a PDF presentation of your most recent work, as well as a link to your online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.orgCheck back soon for other job oppourtunities!